A real but virtual world ? What ? I don’t understand !
Well, take a seat with your coffee, you will certainly understand better just after these few lines.
Virtual Reality has existed for a long time, although in recent days it has become a marketable form and is accessible to all.
What is Virtual Reality ?
In real estate, it allows a person to immerse themselves in an existing housing (house, apartment, villa, commercial premises ...) or in a virtual environment that is created digitally (3D modeling software to 360°).
More concretely, as you will understand, the future purchaser or prospective tenant can visit several accommodations from their home without any constraints of time or travel.
Borders fall - one can explore housings based in France, Switzerland and all around the world.
And the Virtual Reality Headset ?
Once on your head, it allows for a total immersion, to look where you want while the images inside the headset follow your every move. The sensations are so strong that you will surprise yourself by wanting to touch the elements within the scenery.
One can also find this Virtual Reality Headset under different names: "Virtual Reality Helmet, Immersive Bezel, VR Mask ..."
There are two main categories of Headsets:
● Some have an integrated display: (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Playstation VR ...)
● The others propose to insert a smartphone that will serve as a screen. The lenses integrated into the headset allows a bluffing immersion into the virtual visit:
Key figures :
Virtual reality is becoming more common and is following the same exponential growth experienced by the arrival of the mobile phone.
Let's talk numbers :
● A study from the renowned investment bank, Goldman Sachs, announces an $80 billion market by 2025
● Facebook has bought out "Oculus VR" for 2 Billion dollars, whom are the specialists and manufacturers of virtual reality headsets.
● The Google Cardboard app has already been downloaded by more than 25 million people. Paired with the virtual reality headset titled "Google Cardboard" ($15 per unit), Google today democratizes this technology to a very wide audience (source).
In conclusion to these figures, the race towards virtual reality is in full launch by the top leaders: HTC, Google, LG, Samsung, Facebook, Sony and many others - which promise many more beautiful innovations to come.
Real estate players can now rejoice, for today they have the opportunity to offer innovative and effective content!
Which headset to choose for a Real Estate agency?
These headsets can be made of cardboard, plastic or even from Lego! They differ in their comfort and design.
For real estate, it is better to opt for a headset in which you can insert your smartphone. This solution will save both time and money. The real estate broker will have a mobile agency and will be able to visit their accommodations wherever they may be (home, office, restaurant ...).
The other category of headphones with integrated display is mainly used for video games. More expensive, such requires to be permanently connected to a powerful computer in order to view content, forcing clients to visit an agency for immersion within the asset.
Where to find these headsets ? Not from your optician, here are the info :
● You have a Samsung?
You can orient yourself towards the official "Samsung Gear VR" headset at 99 € (CHF 109.-) (Compatible with the Galaxy S7 | S7 edge, Note5, S6, and S6 Edge)
● You have a different Smartphone?
You can orient yourself towards a Homido headset, at the price of 69 € (CHF 76.-). (Compatible with: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note4, Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 5, LG G3, OnePlus One)
The most economical solution is the Google Cardboard for $ 15. Perfect for discovering virtual reality or offering it to a customer. The Real Estate professional will certainly favor the comfort and design of the two previous models.
This list is not exhaustive, a hundred other headsets are available in specialized boutiques or on the internet - just make sure that they are compatible with the model of your smartphone.
What can the virtual reality headset bring to the real estate industry?
Twenty years ago, the only means for clients to consult several properties was to physically get themselves to a real estate agency.
Yesterday, an online ad for an accommodation without any photos was already rather obsolete.
Today, even in pajamas, prospective buyers are exploring new accommodations through virtual reality.
Concretely, what does this allow for?
● A real discovery of the dwellings and their dimensions
● A modern and innovative image for the company that opts for these solutions
● A great affluence on the stands during real estate fairs, the new technologies attract many visitors wishing to test and discover the accommodations in an original way.
● Mobility: It is possible now to visit the property directly from an agency or from the clients.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly