Equipment required to make a 360 virtual tour
Choice and Comparison: Answers to frequently asked questions
Which camera is necessary to achieve these 360° panoramas on YetiVisit?
Three types of cameras exist (see the list by clicking here):
- Smartphones (Apple, Samsung ...)
- Reflex or Hybrid cases (all Canon/Sony/Nikon cameras with interchangeable lens).
- The said 360° cameras(Ricoh Theta S/Samsung Gear 360°/LG Cam 360° / Panono).
Reflex and Hybrid cameras offer unrivaled image quality. Sharpness, light balancing and photos in dark or backlit rooms are very well managed by the camera.
The smartphones and so-called 360° cameras are very easy to use
We have created a comparison of different cameras, find the results by clicking here (Sony A6000, Canon SLR camera, Ricoh Theta S and Samsung Gear 360°).
Find the list of compatible equipment for our platform on this link: List of devices that are compatible with our virtual tour software
In addition, we have produced several tutorial videos of these different devices:
o Sony A6000 Tutorial Video
o Boitier Canon Tutorial Video
o Samsung Gear 360 Tutorial Video
o Ricoh Theta S Tutorial Video
What accessories are needed for the camera ?
We have created partnerships and can provide you with the complete equipment or accessories that are needed in order to complete the equipment that is already in your possession.
Here is the list of the recommended equipment in order to realize a virtual visit with a Reflex or hybrid case (view the list by clicking here):
- A tripod with ball joint (the ball head at the top of the tripod allows to adjust the level)
- A rotating head (allows for a 360° manual rotation)
- A Fisheye lens (the angle of the lens is 180°)
- A soft shutter release or a remote control (avoids blurring/shaking when shooting)
- A memory card (to store photos)
List of recommended equipment for a virtual tour with a 360° camera :
- A tripod (the ball-head at the top of the tripod allows to adjust the level)
- A smartphone (to be used as a remote control to trigger the shot)
Can I acquire a virtual reality headset in order to let all my clients know about my accommodations ?
Yes, you can certainly equip yourself with a virtual reality headset. Today, it’s very affordable from 30 Euros/CHF 30.- (for example the Google CardBoard). To help direct you in your choice, do not hesitate to consult our article here
Wich equipment are compatible with YetiVisit ?
Where to find a rotating head ?
Obtain Great quality Virtual Tours: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create my first shooting with an HD camera?
How do I create my first shooting with a 360° camera?
In concrete terms, what does the equipment look like once installed ?
What are the required steps for a 360° shooting?
1. Unfold the tripod and place the camera on it.
2. Turn the device On
3. Check and adjust the level
4. Check the brightness (exposure), adjust it if necessary by turning the dial
5. Take the remote control, stand behind the camera and make a full 360° circle
6. Repeat from point 3 for each new room
* Before any photo shoot, check the charge of your batteries and the space available on the memory card of the camera
What are the tips and tricks for taking the best 360° shots ?
What are the tips and tricks to avoid mismatches once the photos are assembled :
Shooting Time ?
Approximately 1 minute per room so 10 rooms represents 10 minutes
Do I need to edit my photos ?
It is not recommended to do this to be sure that the automatic assembly is realized perfectly. However, for photographers, slight adjustments such as exposure, color balance and contrast can be changed after shooting, just before the integration onto the YetiVisit platform
What is a Hotspot ?
A hotspot is an icon within the 360 virtual tour - clicking on it allows to change rooms
What is the difference between a panorama and a virtual tour ?
A 360° panorama corresponds to a realized room, the virtual tour corresponds to all the 360° panoramas of each room, connected within all rooms of the house
Some of my rooms are dark, do I need a flash ?
La création de visite virtuelle ne nécessite pas de flash. L’appareil photo 360° gère automatiquement la luminosité. Les appareils types reflex / hybride gèrent également l’exposition, notez que pour un résultat optimal, seule l’exposition devra être réglée à l’aide de la molette
360 degree Virtual tour creations do not require a flash. The 360° camera automatically controls brightness. The Reflex/Hybrid/Compact cameras also manage the exposure - note that for optimum results, only the exposure should be set using the dial
How to avoid blurry 360 virtual tours ?
When the camera's shutter-release button is pressed directly, it can move during shooting. In order to avoid any blurring or shaking that is visible within the picture, it is advisable to use a remote control or a soft shutter for your camera